You MUST check out these three Etsy shops!!!! You will not be disappointed!!!
Monday, August 25, 2008
Monday, August 18, 2008
a place with whimsical, posh and custom choices
aebaby's Shop Announcement
Thanks for visiting ae baby. Here you will find a variety of unique items for Mom, baby and tot. Lots of care and detail go into every piece so you can be sure that everything will be perfect. Special requests are always welcome, please convo me or see my alchemy page.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Welcome to my shop! My items are a mix of sewing, stenciling, and appliqué. I am always working on new things, so please check back frequently. My fabric budget is small, so I buy in small quantities. As a result, many of my items are one of a kind. Act fast before they're gone!I am a proud member of CEM - CafeMom Etsy Moms!
Monday, August 4, 2008
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Heres what she had to say about buying handmade:
I buy handmade for so many reasons.
1) I hate mass produced products;
2) I hate Chinese sweatshops even more;
3) I don't like not knowing where my stuff came from... who suffered for it... even if the person who made it wasn't a child, were they paid appropriately for there time? Were they abused in the process?
4) I like unique things;
5) I like supporting the US economy... and just about the only things made in the USA these days are handmades;
6) In many cases, handmades are better quality... sellers want repeat business, they want people to spread word about there shop... so they do ther very best to make a top notch product;
7) You can count on a handmade to not contain harmful chemicals like lead paint... or food products to contain enough preservatives to keep a dead person looking good for 20 years (like most prepackaged foods in our supermarkets).
8) I like to think that my purchases are helping someone directly... whether it be enabling someone to be a SAHM or helping someone pay that past due light bill. I know that my money isn't going to some fat cat executive that's making 6 or 7 figures.... it's going straight to the person who made the lovely item. I think that's about it... I'm sure there are more reasons but these are the ones that scream the loudest.