CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Pink Sugar Body Scrub

Pink Sugar Body Scrub
8-10oz's

plastic or glass bowl
wooden or plastic spoon
measuring cup
fragrance of your choice (I used Pink Sugar Aquolina type for this recipe)
*if you choose not to use fragrance it still gives off a lovely natural honey smell*
1 1/4 cup of sugar or sugar in the raw (organic sugar)
2 tbsp cocoa butter
1/8 mineral oil
1/4 teaspoon of ground apricot seeds (or what ever exfoliant tickles your fancy!)
2 teaspoons of honey (i use organic honey)
1 tbsp of rice bran oil (oils can be substituted to your liking)


You first want to make sure you have all of your ingredients ready to go!!

Melt down your 2 tbsp's of cocoa butter and your set!

Using either a glass or plastic bowl empty in all of your OILS first and mix good.

Once mixed good add in your liquid (melted down) cocoa butter and mix some more!

Next add your sugar in.

What I do is add a few tablespoons at a time so I can see the oils soaking up the sugar.

Once all the sugar is in it *should* be smooth yet grainy. If you find that you have too much oil feel free to add more sugar!!

Add your fragrance and additives (I use apricot grounds and honey) and your done!!

When I am done, I DO NOT like to have a lot of access oil so that is the reason for the great amount of sugar! If you like oil to settle to the top do not add a lot of sugar if you do not like oil at the top add more sugar!!


Wrap nicely, package and give as a gift!

Hand-made Bath & Body products, with many extra's to tickle your fancy! Visit me by clicking my link below............

1 comment:

Lisa Marie said...

The blog is looking great I would like my blog to be linked on this blog I'm a member on the cafemom group too...thanks so much..I will link this blog today on my blogs too,,,thanks so much...Lisa
pumpkin pink cottage
www.pumpkinpinkcottage.etsy.com