CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 5, 2010

Meet ThreadsOfGray!

Hello!
I am a mother to a toddler boy, have a full time job, and sew in every "spare" moment I have!

I began sewing on my Mom's machine about a year after she passed away. I became completely addicted almost immediately.

Mom's life was taken by Brain Cancer at the age of 49. While cancer is affecting more and more people each day, the treatment options for Brain Cancer haven't changed much in the past 20 years.

I decided that I wanted to improve those statistics. I was also very disappointed in the products available that raise awareness of these "lesser known" cancers. So I put my new love of Mom's favorite hobby to use and created Ribbon Awareness Items. 100% of the proceeds from your purchase of these items will be donated to the American Brain Tumor Association in my Mother's name. I figure, more funding for more research may yield better survival rates...I mean, look what its done for Breast Cancer (which now boasts a 95% survival rate).

Sewing is like therapy for me, and I love sitting at the sewing machine, where I feel like she's watching over me, guiding me in creating new products.

You can find Barbara HERE!

No comments: