CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Abigail's Boutique Designs, Where/How did you learn your craft?

I have always been very crafty but when my son was 2 years old we moved out into our first apartment. I was a full time college student trying to make my way as a single mom. I felt horrible for not providing enough fun activities for me and my son to do together so when i came across a duck soap i new my son would love it. We started with melt and pour soap base from michaels and immediately i got hooked. I searched the internet to learn how to make a better, more natural product and soon found all i needed to run my own bath & body company from home. I have been doing that now for more than 5 years. After the birth of my daughter i wanted to make some more girly things (since i was deprived for so long) that i got into hair bows, tutus and more. I learned this from the internet free instructions and groups like this one. I have been sewing for over 5 years as well thanks to my hubby for showing me. I started with lounge pants for my son and now offer a wide range of sewn items. My soap company was named Baskets of Beauty but after having abby and expanding my business and clientel it is now Abigail's Boutique Designs.
Over all through trial and error with a little guidance from the net and forums most of the items i make now especially my b&b items were mostly self taught or perfected. It takes tons of hard work, drive, motivation, and will to succeed.
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=89000

http://abigailsboutiquedesigns.blogspot.com/

No comments: